What first appears to be quality is sometimes upon a closer look not quality at all. At CDI we feel quality isn’t just how the end product looks but the steps that are taken to assure quality in the first place. The following highlights some small things that we at CDI do that make a difference in the detailed “closer look”:
- All mounting provisions are drilled and tapped to accept the component. CDI does not use self-tapping or self-drilling hardware for threading of component mounting hole.
- High quality plated hardware (grade 3 and above) is used for mounting of all equipment. This includes bolts, screws, nuts, washers, etc.
- Components with sufficient weight that are mounted on subpanels are reinforced with additional stiffening braces or by using rear mounted swedge nuts. This prevents the weight of the component from stripping or shearing from the subpanel.
- All wire insulation is stripped with precision blade type Stripmaster strippers. This tool prevents the insulation from stretching and nicking the conductors. No hand strippers or knives are permitted.
- All wiring terminations are attached with a positive pressure, ratchet type wire crimper. These calibrated crimpers allow for consistent crimps every time.
- All wires are tagged with computer generated marking tags. These tags are either self-laminated wrap-arounds or polyolefin/pvc type sleeves depending on the customer’s specifications.
- All wire harnesses not contained in wireway are neatly bundled and ty-wrapped. All ty-wrap straps are tension adjusted and cut with the manufacturers recommended tension tools. Again allowing for consistency and accuracy.
- All phenolic nameplates, ringtags, graphic symbols, and mimic displays are generated at our facility.
- Our Quality Control Department prior to shipment release inspects all panels. This inspection includes visual, mechanical, electrical continuity test, and electrical energizing of all components. No panel is shipped from our facility without this department’s authorization.