At Control Design, we consider ourselves more than a supplier. We’re a partner that provides a competitive advantage and superior service, a partner that fuels innovation to foster real, sustainable growth. Built on a quality program that documents the systematic requirements and principles by which we carry out our mission. Our quality manual is consistent with our quality policy. It assigns responsibilities and sets up authority for policy management. The policy and principles set forth in our Manual, and the supporting documents of the supporting functions assure we consistently meet our customers’ expectations and requirements with the goal of enhancing customer satisfaction.
Control Design’s manual describes quality responsibilities and policies consistent with International Standard, ISO 9001:2015. Control Design has developed and maintains a Quality Management System and has implemented procedures consistent with the requirements of ISO 9001:2015. Control Design reviews this Manual as part of internal audits and updates it as necessary to ensure conformance to ISO 9001:2015 and CDI’s policies.
The Director of Quality & Safety controls the distribution of this document in its most current edition. Uncontrolled copies of this document are available to our customers upon request.
View Our ISO 9001 Certificate Here
SPECIFICATIONS FOR QUALITY
What first appears to be quality is sometimes upon a closer look not quality at all. At CDI we feel quality isn’t just how the end product looks but steps that are taken to assure quality in the first place. The following highlights some small things that we at CDI do that make a difference in the detailed “closer look”:
- All mounting provisions are drilled and tapped to accept the component. CDI does not use self-tapping or self-drilling hardware for threading of a component mounting hole.
- High quality plated hardware used for mounting of all equipment. This includes bolts, screws, nuts, washers, etc.
- Components with sufficient weight that are mounted on subpanels are reinforced with additional stiffening braces or by using rear mounted swedge nuts. This prevents the weight of the component from stripping or shearing from the subpanel.
- All wire insulation is stripped with precision blade type Stripmaster strippers. This tool prevents the insulation from stretching and nicking the conductors. No hand strippers or knives are permitted.
- All wiring terminations are attached with a positive pressure, ratchet type wire crimper. These calibrated crimpers allow for consistent crimps every time.
- All wires are tagged with computer generated marking tags. These tags are either self-laminated wrap-arounds or polyolefin/pvc type sleeves depending on the customer’s specifications.
- All wire harnesses not contained in wireway are neatly bundled and ty-wrapped. All ty-wrap straps are tension adjusted and cut with the manufacturers recommended tension tools, allowing for consistency and accuracy.
- All lamacoid nameplates, ringtags, graphic symbols, and mimic displays are generated at our facility.
- Our Quality Control Department, prior to shipment release, inspects all panels. This inspection includes visual, mechanical and electrical continuity test. No panel is shipped from our facility without this department’s authorization.